Driving under the Influence?
Getting pulled over by the police is very stressful. The following are some important tips you should be aware of, which could save you a lot of grief in the long run.
- You are obligated to provide the necessary documents to the police including your license, registration and proof of insurance.
- You are not obligated to answer any questions that the Officer asks you unless you are arrested for DUI.
- Then upon arrest, you are required by the implied consent laws to submit to a breath or blood test. So, you you are not required to complete any physical tests (FSTs).
- Also, you are not required to blow into a hand held breath machine unless you are on probation for a DUI.
- If you are stopped for suspicion of DUI, be respectful to the Officer and tell them you will not answer any questions but will take a breath or blood test. Of course the best way to avoid being arrested for DUI is to not drink and drive at all.
- Be sure to plan your night well in advance and the necessary means of transportation to get you home safely after a fun night.
- Nothing ruins a fun night like seeing police lights in your rear view mirror.
Disclaimer:The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use and access to this website or any of the links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.